LAPT Guidelines for Grant Requests
The Louisiana Association for Play Therapy includes the following purposes and objectives for the organization:
- Seek to advance the discipline of play therapy
- Conduct and foster programs of education in the field of play therapy
- Promote sound play therapy practices in the interest of society and the individual
- Advance high standards of professional conduct by conducting educational and professional meetings and conferences
- Inform and educate the general public and the mental health community about the play therapy profession
- Establish contacts with various organizations for support and educational pursuits
Grant Rating System
As part of LAPT's mission, small grants are offered up to $1500 to educational groups and organizations in an effort to expand the above objectives. A rating scale to determine how the requests meet the above objectives is used to assist in the selection of the grants.
Timeline of any given year for the grant process is as follows:
- January 1 - March 31: Grant requests are accepted
- April 1 - April 30: Grant requests are reviewed by an LAPT committee
- May 1 - June 10: Grant recommendations are made to the LAPT Board for a vote
- June 11 - June 20: Grant recipient(s) will be notified
- June 21 - June 30: Grant monies shall be awarded
A report by the receiving group(s) is due to LAPT by May 1st of the following year after the awarding of the grant detailing exactly how the funds were used and how many people were served. If this report is not received, LAPT has the option of requesting a reimbursement of grant monies.
LAPT Executive Board reserves the right for all final decisions and grant amounts to be determined by the funds available for that particular year. The Grant Application Proposal needs to be downloaded from LAPT's website, completed and 4 copies mailed by US Postal System including all supporting documents and postmarked no later than March 31st for consideration to the current LAPT President.
Grant Application ProposalDownload Grant Application Proposal - MS Word DOC